Saturday 8 March 2014

International Womens Day - The ones I look up to



I found out after browsing Facebook in bed this morning (standard), that today is International Women's Day (IWD), a day that celebrates achievements of women and recognises the suffragettes campaign for the right to vote. It also addresses the changes that need to be made around the world with regard to female and male inequality.

I'm not about to get all feminist on you, but thought I would write a post on the women who inspire me most and who I look up to. It all might be a bit cliche, but that's fine.

1. My Mum - my ultimate female bestie. Always there for me with an ear and advice and a general chit chat, she is my go to woman! She only relies on herself and will support us through thick and thin.

2. My Maternal Nan - My Nan is almost 80, but is a complete trooper. She'll stay up late, can text super fast, has a Facebook page and still knows how to have a good laugh (especially when all her daughters are staying over the night for late night wine and laughter ). She lost my Grandad a couple of years ago and I don't know how she managed to get through so well. It completely devastated me so how she did it I do not know. She also makes the best gravy ever!

3. My Paternal Nan - My Dad's Mum never took life too seriously and (along with my Grandad) taught me that love should be full of laughter. She also always had a goodie box full of chocolate and made the best mushy peas. Unfortunately we lost her a year after my Dad's dad, but she was never the same without him. Although I miss her, I'm glad she is safely back with my Grandad.

4. My Great Aunt Brenda - Purely because she makes the best cakes, and a party without her input is just not the same. Maybe she'll make a raspberry pavalova for my party? Maybe that's a bit cheeky?

What women in life do you admire?

*Image taken from Google




No comments:

Post a Comment