Saturday 1 March 2014

Flourish - A Year in the Making

Having suffered on and off in my twenties with anxiety, I like a good self help book every now and then. I'm determined to not let this 'invisible' disorder affect me going in to my 30's and in order to do that there are a few things that I need to change, i.e. the way I eat, the amount of exercise I do, organisation skills etc, all of which can contribute to a decrease in the feelings and emotions anxiety give you. I'm not about to give a lecture about how anxiety has affected me over the years or how it needs to be recognised as a real thing, because that's no fun, but I am going to share a new book I have found, called 'The Flourish Handbook'.

This book aims to take you on a journey over the course of a year, breaking down month by month an area of life to concentrate on to enable you to flourish as a person and create the best you. I always say I am going to do this and going to do that, but I don't really have any structure, anything pushing me, and this book will help me with that. Sometimes you just need a plan and a structure to help you through.

The month by month categories are:

Month 1 - Create an enabling environment
Month 2 - Generate more energy
Month 3 - Harness your mind power
Month 4 - Create a meaningful life/career/business with purpose
Month 5 - Sourcing engagement and enjoyment
Month 6 - Be mindful and practice mindfulness
Month 7 - Make family relationships
Month 8 - Sustaining an attitude of gratitude
Month 9 - Create a vision and set clear goals
Month 10 - Self-discipline and persistence
Month 11 - Master time management
Month 12 - Plan to flourish

My years journey on the flourish plan starts today, 1st March, and this month I will be creating an enabling environment, at home and at work. I will be arming myself with boxes and bin bags and de-cluttering our space, and I'll be buying a few things to add homeliness and organisation. I'll update at the end of the month and let you all know how I got on. If you want to join me, you can find the book here.



*Image taken from Google

No comments:

Post a Comment