Monday 3 February 2014

Stop The World Cafe

Last year I went to a lovely cafe in Leigh on Sea in Essex called 'Stop The World Cafe'. I had heard lots of rave reviews about it and I love to eat, so I went with a few of my girls for my birthday.

Inside the cafe the walls are full of old vintage artwork and the tea selection is written above your heads on a blackboard. The amount of artwork in the cafe kept us all entertained even before we had our food in front of us.






The selection of food and specials is great and of course at the front of the cafe there are cakes. Massive cakes. Cakes large enough to be a lunch serving in itself for some people. Of course though, being a food lover, I had lunch then a cake. Anything else would have just been rude. I had a vegetarian breakfast (even though I'm not a vege) of bubble and squeak, egg, spinach and mushroom. It was beautiful! The best vege breakfast I certainly have ever had.




Of course tea was also in order and rather than a usual pot of tea it came as tea leaves and a strainer *que my excitement!!*






Cake time was quite a decision. So many yummy large cakes to choose from. It actually caused an anxious moment of what if choose the wrong one? I went for the red velvet swiss roll with cream cheese icing and it did not disappoint. Some of the other girls chose chocolate cake, bakewell tart and a lemon meringue Pie. We also had a hot chocolate with our cake, indulgence was the word of the day!







I definitely want to go back to Stop The World Cafe. Next time I'd like to take my other half Paul or our parents. Why not stop by if you are in the area. I must warn you though that the cafe is so popular that you need to go in and give them your mobile number and they will call you when a table is free. It is worth the wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment